En vedette

lundi 1 novembre 2010

Spell Checker

Le présent article a été rédigé par Jonathan Goldberg, que je remercie.

In computing, a spell checker (or spell check) is an application program that flags words in a document that may not be spelled correctly. Spell checkers may be stand-alone capable of operating on a block of text, or as part of a larger application, such as a word processor, email client, electronic dictionary, or search engine. (Wikipedia)

The following poem, as it appears on the left hand side below, makes no sense and it would not be corrected by a regular spell checker, because each of the words does exist in English. It would require a spell checker with a language model to detect that the words are not properly spelled in the context.

The text on the right hand side is the correct version.

Eye have a spelling chequer,
It came with my Pea Sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss Steaks I can knot sea.

I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC
It plainly marks for my review
Mistakes I cannot see

Eye strike the quays and type a whirred
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am write oar wrong
It tells me straight a weigh.

I strike the keys and type a word
And wait for it to say
Whether I am right or wrong
It tells me straight away.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your shore real glad two no.
Its vary polished in its weigh.
My chequer tolled me sew.

I ran this poem through it
You’re sure real glad to know
It’s very polished in its way –
My checker told me so.

A chequer is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right all stiles of righting,
And aides me when eye rime.

A checker is a blessing
It frees you loads of time.
It helps me right all styles of writing
And aids me when I rhyme.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The chequer pours o'er every word
Two cheque sum spelling rule.
The original version of this poem was written by Jerrold H. Zar in 1992.
Each phrase come posed on my sc reen
I trust to be a jewel.
The checker pours over every word
To check some spelling rule.

SpellCheckPlus est un correcteur qui trouve des fautes d’orthographie et de grammaire en anglais. Vous avez qu’a taper (ou copier-coller) votre texte dans l’éditeur et cliquer le bouton « vérifie le texte ».




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire